What is personal information?
As defined in the Privacy Act, personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
a. whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
b. whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Sensitive information is any personal information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of political, professional or trade associations or trade unions, sexual preferences or practices, biometric templates or information used for automated biometric verification or identification, criminal record or health. PeoplesVoice does not generally collect, use or disclose sensitive information about an individual but if PeoplesVoice does, it will be done so in accordance with law for example, where PeoplesVoice has received your consent to do so or the collection is required by law.
What personal information does PeoplesVoice collect and why?
Information posted on PeoplesVoice is obviously publicly available. Our servers are located in Mumbai, India. Therefore, if you choose to provide us with personal information, you are consenting to PeoplesVoice’s collection, use, disclosure of your personal information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers in India. PeoplesVoice collects and stores the following personal information:
- email address, phone numbers, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from PeoplesVoice and ad data (all through cookies – you can take steps to disable the cookies on your browser although this is likely to affect your ability to use the site);
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as buying, selling, content you generate or that relates to your account), billing and other information you provide to purchase an item;
- other information, including users IP address and standard web log information.
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches
- business information, such as business registration number and licence number;
- other supplemental information obtained from third parties such as demographic and navigation data; and credit check information, and additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law;
- information submitted in placing a listing, for example commodity details and pricing
- information about the devices on which you visit PeoplesVoice, and your activities on those sites;
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
- social profile information;
- records and content of communications with PeoplesVoice or any other person including records and content using Communications Services (as that term is defined in PeoplesVoice Terms and Conditions of Use). Please note that such records and content may be stored and scanned by PeoplesVoice.
How PeoplesVoice collects your personal information?
You can browse our websites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you register for an account with us, you give us your personal information, and you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the Mumbai.
When you visit our websites or use our applications, services, or tools, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. The information sent to us includes data on the pages you access, your computer IP address, device identifiers, the type of operating system you’re using, your location, mobile network information, standard web log data, and other information. Web log data includes the browser type you’re using and traffic to and from our site. This information is not associated with you personally unless you are a registered user.
PeoplesVoice may also collect your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to PeoplesVoice in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise) for example when you create an advertisement on one of our websites; when you enquire about an item on one of our websites; or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
- directly from you when you communicate with PeoplesVoice or any other person using PeoplesVoice Communications Services;
- from third parties such as:
- PeoplesVoice related companies; resellers of PeoplesVoice services and service providers to PeoplesVoice;
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the PeoplesVoice network;
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from 3rd party data providers who have been directed by you to send us information on your behalf;
- through use of PeoplesVoice proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
How is personal information used?
We use the information we collect about you (including Personal Information to the extent applicable) for a variety of purposes, including to:
- to maintain appropriate business records;
- Enable you to access and use PeoplesVoice Services, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Content
- to research, develop, improve and use within PeoplesVoice products and services;
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
- Process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with PeoplesVoice services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the PeoplesVoice Network;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to PeoplesVoice Services, and other illegal activities;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you
- for purposes connected with the operation of the PeoplesVoice;
- for staff training and quality assurance;
- to personalise the site experience and / or the advertising you see when you visit sites within the PeoplesVoice website
- For other purposes about which we notify you
- Your personal information may be used so that PeoplesVoice, PeoplesVoice’s wholly owned subsidiaries, agents and contractors can provide you with information about PeoplesVoice’s products and services (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS). You always have the right to opt-out of receiving such information. You may exercise that right at any time by contacting PeoplesVoice as set out below.
- If you are seeking to work with PeoplesVoice, your personal information may also be used for the purposes of employee recruitment and assessment.
How is personal information disclosed?
We will not share or disclose any of your Personal Information or Content with third parties except as described in this policy. We do not sell your Personal Information or Content. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- specified persons in accordance with a request made by you;
- PeoplesVoice staff and related PeoplesVoice bodies corporate
- the public if you advertise with PeoplesVoice or use publicly available Communications Services
- other telecommunications and related service providers who provide services to you that use PeoplesVoice services or infrastructure, including where reasonably required for billing and service purposes;
- individuals and organisations that advertise with PeoplesVoice if you submit an enquiry or seek certain services through PeoplesVoice – depending on your enquiry these may include:
- private advertisers;
- licensed share brokers, finance brokers;
- mining services companies;
- operators of Linked Sites;
- financial service providers;
- insurance service providers;
- If you do not want PeoplesVoice to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit an enquiry.
- outsourced service providers who assist PeoplesVoice to provide its services including:
- information technology providers;
- marketing and market research advisers; and
- professional advisers.
- persons to whom PeoplesVoice has contracted out services including persons engaged in providing PeoplesVoice with professional, business, information technology, corporate and administrative services, when reasonably required. This may include mailing houses, call centre providers and/or installation and construction service providers;
- your authorised representatives or legal advisors
- PeoplesVoice’s professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- governmental agencies, including law enforcement agencies, and regulators, as required or authorised by law; and
- any other person or for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- resellers of PeoplesVoice services;
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of PeoplesVoice assets, business or shares;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police;
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena.
When making such disclosures PeoplesVoice will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient is bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations.
Is personal information disclosed to recipients outside of India?
PeoplesVoice will only disclose your personal information outside India if:
- PeoplesVoice has received agreement from the recipient that the recipient takes appropriate steps to comply with the Indian Privacy Principles; or
- the recipient is subject to laws or binding schemes that are substantially similar to the Indian Privacy Principles including mechanisms that can be accessed by an individual to enforce protection of the law or binding scheme; or
- you have consented to the disclosure in accordance with the Indian Privacy Principles.
PeoplesVoice has contracted service providers in countries including to whom PeoplesVoice discloses personal information.
Maintaining personal information quality
PeoplesVoice strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. You may update certain personal information through your membership account (if you have one) or click here to contact us by email.
Accessing and updating your information
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please Click here or on the “contact us” link at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. There is no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you.
Compliance with privacy laws and regulations
You agree not to use the PeoplesVoice Services in a manner that would violate laws protecting an individual’s privacy rights, health or financial data, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 as amended (HIPAA) and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and its implementing regulations, the Privacy Rule and the Safeguards Rule.
Our policy towards children
PeoplesVoice Services are not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact our Support Services.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your Personal Information to Australia and to us. By providing your Personal Information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
PeoplesVoice will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. You should keep in mind that no internet, transmission or technology is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mails sent to or from this website may not be secure.
What if you don’t provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, PeoplesVoice may not be able to provide you with the full range of PeoplesVoice services.
PeoplesVoice Network, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an application on the PeoplesVoice Network, PeoplesVoice records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Such information collected by PeoplesVoice may be linked to other information PeoplesVoice holds about a user, compiling a complete profile about PeoplesVoice users’ browsing activities on the PeoplesVoice Network.
PeoplesVoice uses “cookies” and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years, or longer in some cases). Cookies may be used by PeoplesVoice or by service providers engaged by PeoplesVoice to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit on the PeoplesVoice Network, measure and analyse usage of the PeoplesVoice Network and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on the PeoplesVoice Network and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to that site or other sites. You may adjust your Internet browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled PeoplesVoice may not be able to provide you with the full range of PeoplesVoice services.
What if I have a problem or have access to this policy or my information?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please contact us.
PeoplesVoice treats complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied.